I am very happy to be featured in “Do It Today“, a very interesting YouTube channel involved in spreading knowledge, experience, and useful tips to young entrepreneurs and professionals.
In this video, I talk about something that affects many people in the world, a sort of self-limitation called “procrastination”.
What is this?
It means to intentionally and habitually put off things you know should be done, preferring to do different things.
that gives you an easy and temporary satisfaction. Actually, it means not choosing at all!
Over time, this bad behaviour can lead people to dissatisfaction, more anxiety, stress, bad work, bad leadership and even low self-esteem.
So, is there a way to stop procrastinating?
Yes, there is!
In fact, there are five simple tips you can follow to stop procrastination. Here they are.
Five Tips to Stop Procrastinating
- Identify the reason for procrastinating. Become aware of the emotions leading you to procrastinate and review the way you perceive them. To do this, emotional intelligence can give you a helping hand. Therefore, try to learn how emotional intelligence works, and try to improve your skills in the EQ.
- Take action. Focus on the very first actions to take and go straight without considering too much the final goal. Rather, consider focusing your attention on the small performance goals, you find on your way.
- Prevent temptations. Try to eliminate all the distractions you have in your daily life, and then try to use positive language towards yourself. It’s very important.
- Learn to manage your time and plan. Organize effectively your tasks and your time. Plan the activities to do and even divide them by priority and importance. In this case, you can use a tool called “Eisenhower Matrix”. It’s useful to understand what activities are more important and urgent.
- Visualize yourself in the future. By understanding what you want to become and what you want to be, you can give a different perception of yourself. So, by doing this even for 10 minutes a day, you can find a huge difference in your perception of yourself and the goal you want to achieve.
In the end, coaching can give you a helping hand. It’s a very powerful tool to stop procrastinating and achieve a higher self-awareness and self-efficacy to take the right actions towards your goals.